Technology Policy Institute Aspen Forum
The TPI Aspen Forum brings together leaders from business, government, and academia to discuss key public policy issues affecting information and communications technology. This year’s theme is, “Technology Policy and the Economic Recovery.”
The tech sector is crucial to the economic recovery and to our prospects for long-run growth. Discussions at TPI’s Aspen Forum will explore how technology and communications companies are faring and how the current economic and regulatory climate is affecting their ability to drive growth and productivity as they have in the past.
Speakers at this year's Forum include:
- Dmitri Alperovitch, Vice President, Threat Research, McAfee, Inc.
- Susan Athey, Professor of Economics, Harvard University and Chief Economist, Microsoft
- Dorothy Attwood, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Disney
- Pablo Chavez, Director for Public Policy, Google
- Mark Berejka, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce
- The Honorable Mignon Clyburn, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Brian Cute, Chief Executive Office, Public Interest Registry
- Paul de Sa, Chief, Office of Strategic Planning & Policy Analysis, Federal Communications Commission
- Kyle Dixon, Vice President, Public Policy, Time Warner, Inc.
- Mike Gallagher, President and CEO, Entertainment Software Association
- Kevin Gronberg, Senior Counsel, Committee on Homeland Security, U.S. House of Representatives
- David Gross, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
- Tony Hadley, Vice President of Government Affairs, Experian
- Ralph Hellmann, Senior Vice President, Government Relations, Information Technology Industry Council
- Mark Israel, Senior Vice President, Compass Lexicon
- Dale Jorgenson, Samuel W. Morris University Professor, Department of Economics, Harvard University
- The Honorable Robert McDowell, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Victor Nichols, Chief Executive Officer, Experian
- Chris Painter, Coordinator for Cyber Issues, U.S. Department of State
- Michael Powell, President and CEO, NCTA
- The Honorable J. Thomas Rosch, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- John Ryan, Chief Legal Officer, Level 3 Communications
- Shane Tews, Vice President, Global Public Policy, VeriSign
- Peter Thiel, President, Clarium Capital
- The Honorable Mark Udall, U.S. Senate
- Iñaki Urdangarin, Chairman, Telefonica Internacional USA
- Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google
- Phil Weiser, Dean, University of Colorado Law School
- Daniel Weitzner, Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Internet Policy, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Joe Waz, Altura LLC
The agenda for this year's event can be found here. Register before July 8th and received a discounted registration rate.
The Technology Policy Institute
The Technology Policy Institute is a non-profit research and educational organization that focuses on the economics of innovation, technological change, and related regulation in the United States and around the world. More information is available at http://www.techpolicyinstitute.org/.